Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Juniper wanted a birthday drink at Teddy's

Juniper escaped out the front door on her birthday. She raced at full throttle straight up to 4 lanes of traffic on Queen Street East, followed by my staff in her socks- out of her head with panic and fear and piercing nanosecond images from the horrific dream that has haunted her since I came home in a cardboard box. Many people watched the two pass, and didn't do a thing. Luckily, a glazed but quick-thinking man saw them coming, as he was having a smoke outside Teddy's Sports Bar, on the north-east side of the street. He tore across the road, and headed her off at the pass, a mere metres from devastation and heartbreak, and my staff coming c0mpletely undone. If she had shoes on, she might have offered him a beer. That man is a hero.

1 comment:

Juniper said...

While I missed out on that Labatt 50 that was waiting for me at Teddy's, I did get two fancy cookies from the nice people that run my daycamp. One has "Happy Birthday" written on it in yogurt glaze, and the other is in the shape of a man.

Also, the round-headed kid gave me a Kong brand Stuff-A-Ball, because I like yours so much, Charlie.